Membership: By School - SON
Mission Statement:We at the University Texas Medical Branch represent the Student Nurses Association with ethical practices pertaining to nursing; we hold the highest integrity to represent our chapter academically and professionally in order to grow into strong advocates for the healthcare profession.
1. Have direct input into standards of nursing education and influence the education process.
2. Influence health care, nursing education and practice through legislative activities as appropriate.
3. Promote and encourage participation in community affairs and activities towards improved health care and the resolution of related social issues.
4. Represent nursing students to the consumer, to institutions, and other organizations.
5. Promote and encourage students’ participation in interdisciplinary activities.
6. Promote and encourage recruitment efforts, participation in student activities, and educational opportunities regardless of person’s race, color, creed, sex, lifestyle, national origin, age, or economic status.
7. Promote and encourage collaborative relationships with nursing and related health organizations.
Organization Website: SNA Facebook