Membership: By School - SOM
Mission Statement: The Urological Student Association (USA) at the University of Texas Medical Branch is an educational, nonprofit organization, which recognizes urology as a broad, challenging, and exciting area of medicine.
Activities: To encourage medical student interests in urology:
* To increase exposure of medical students to the field of urology;
* To foster a sense of collegiality among students interested in urology’
* To help students find mentors in the field of urology;
* To provide information about urology events at UTMB, locally, regionally, and nationally;
* To give interested students and opportunity to learn about the American Urology Association;
* To promote attendance at national and regional urology conferences;
* To teach people in the Galveston community about preventative measures for urological diseases;
* To create and disperse an electronic newsletter which will form a link between students, faculty, residents, and alumni. This news letter will contain information regarding opportunities in research, community involvement, and experience in urology.