Benefits for the Fellow in Pediatric Surgery
The UTMB benefit package provides employees with various means to protect against unexpected events and to advance personal goals and objectives. These benefits are a valuable component of the total employee compensation package.
Health Insurance: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Parking: Each fellow is eligible for parking in a large number of possible locations at different costs.
Library: The Moody Medical Library is free and available to any employee.
The Department of Surgery or UTMB pays for the following necessary courses:
- ABLS (Advanced Burn Life Support)
- ATLS (Advanced Trauma Life Support)
- ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support)
- PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support)
Licensure: The institution pays for each fellow's temporary license to practice medicine and DEA license in Texas.
Vacation: Each fellow receives three weeks of paid vacation each year.
Lab Coats/Scrubs: The Department provides lab coats and embroidered black jackets to each fellow. OR scrubs are available to surgery fellows through ID badge access at UTMB.
Trips: The program will provide funding for the fellow to attend the following courses:
- Minimally Invasive Surgery Course
- St. Jude Oncology Course
- Pediatric Colorectal and Pelvic Reconstruction Course
- American Pediatric Surgical Association (PGY-6 only)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (PGY-7 only)
There may be time away restrictions and a monetary cap.
Meal Cards: Meal cards are provided yearly that can be used at the cafeteria, Chick fil A, Subway and Einstein Bagel Bros.