The Division of Urology was recently recognized for their excellence in research and scientific reviews, as Stephen Williams, MD, MS, FACS was recently named Reviewer of the Year by the journal European Urology. For almost 40 years the European Association of Urology (EAU) and European Urology have addressed the most pressing issues of urological care in Europe, through its scientific and educational initiatives, as well as its publications. The EAU delivers training, stimulates research, organizes exchanges and broadcasts information.
The Division of Urology at
University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB Health) has set the standard
for excellence in urologic care, providing advanced care and performing
thousands of life-changing procedures and surgeries each year, while
developing ground-breaking scientific research. Our urologists deliver
comprehensive and personalized attention to men and women with a range
of genitourinary problems: from prostate cancer to underlying urinary
disorders including incontinence and stone disease.
We work in partnership with UTMB Health specialists, referring physicians, patients and their caregivers to diagnose and treat the most challenging urologic conditions. In addition to their advanced training and research in specialty areas, our urologic surgeons are highly skilled in new technologies such as robotic-assisted surgery, minimally invasive approaches that reduce side-effects and maximize outcomes.
UTMB Urology is leading national and international commitments to improve care we provide to patients. Dr. Stephen B. Williams is the current Chair for the Society International Urology (SIU) Expedited Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) Programme in collaboration with the ERAS Society to promote worldwide implementation and dissemination of ERAS. Below is a link to our educational web portal.
SIU-ERAS® Program for SIU Academy
Why UTMB for Urologic Surgery?
- Surgeons who treat specific urologic conditions and have years of scientific research complementing advanced surgical training.
- Multidisciplinary, patient-centered approach combining the
expertise of our urologic surgeons with specialists including but not
limited to medical oncology, radiation oncology, radiology, pathology,
anesthesiology, general surgery and nephrology.
- We train the next generation of urologists through the UTMB Health Urology Residency Program.
- One of the first robotic surgery programs in South Texas, providing
state-of-the art surgical technology resulting in less pain, shorter
hospital stays, and faster recovery.
- Full-time board-certified urologists actively involved in patient outcome studies.
- Surgery and patient care in a safe hospital environment with emergency and backup services immediately available.
- Patient coordinators provide seamless appointment access and patient information.
Services We Offer:
- Female Urology - providing full services to women with urinary tract disorders including incontinence and pelvic prolapse surgery
- Genitourinary Reconstruction - diagnosis and treatment of lower urinary tract disorders as well as genitourinary prosthetic surgery
- Kidney Stones - prevention, diagnosis and treatment including minimally invasive treatment options
- Men’s Health - diagnosis and treatment of
conditions specific to men such as male urinary dysfunction, erectile
dysfunction, benign prostate hyperplasia, urinary incontinence,
vasectomy, male infertility
- Pediatric Urology - routine to complex pediatric urologic conditions including circumcision, stones, hypospadias and intersex conditions
- Robotic and Minimally Invasive Surgery - minimally invasive treatment of urologic conditions using laparoscopy and robot-assisted technology
- Urologic Oncology - prevention, screening, diagnosis and treatment of urologic cancers
Click here to download the Radical Cystectomy Survival Calculator© (RCSC) app for iPhone and iPad.
Our patient coordinators are ready for your call. They will assist
new patients with setting up initial appointments, and will help
existing patients manage their care.
New patients only: (409) 772-2222 or toll free (800) 917-8906
Patient referral: (800) FACULTY (322-8589)
Main number for questions and returning patients: (409) 772-2091
For clinic locations and further details about our services, please visit our UTMB Health Patient Website.
Follow us on Twitter