We’re soliciting feedback on a new physician/provider search tool and new interactive campus map. Versions of both are now live and available for your review. Here are details:
A beta version of a new UTMB Health provider search website is being introduced. The directory current includes nearly 400 providers and features locations, photos, patient ratings and more (additional providers—eventually including residents—will be added).
- The tool is integrated with a tool already used by faculty, managed by the Provost’s Office. Provider’s data for the search is tied to and will be updated in POWER.
- The provider ratings are sourced from patient feedback via Press-Ganey surveys; results are published to the provider search site only if the provider has received at least 30 patient reviews in the past 12 months.
- An extensive keyword list is being refined with input from administrators and faculty. These keywords will allow very granular and targeted searches.
- The site is mobile device-compatible and compatible with all PC and Mac browsers.
- This is phase 1 of the project; additional features and capabilities are in development.
We need and welcome feedback. Send comments or questions about the new search tool to POWER Support.
A new interactive map featuring all three UTMB campuses and all UTMB locations is also being introduced. It is mobile friendly, searchable, and can be edited in real time by project administrators. The map is built over the very familiar Google Maps platform. Some features users may wish to explore:
- Use the search to find various UTMB locations.
- Panoramas and Google Street View are enabled for numerous locations.
- The map supports interior floorplans and plans exist to add to the ones currently available.
- Users can get directions or share a view/link to any specific site.
- The map supports virtual tours; additional tours are being developed.
- The map can be embedded in existing web sites.
Please preview the map and send your questions or feedback to email@example.com.
The new map and directory are part of a web suite of tool and updates that were introduced in May 2015. Called the “Web Reboot,” the larger project includes mobile site templates, web link and spelling validation, a digital image library, new guidelines and page requirements, social media changes, and training and tutorials to support the web development community and those they serve. To learn more about UTMB’s Web Reboot, visit http://intranet.utmb.edu/web/welcome.