One person has died and three others are recovering after falling seriously ill when they contracted the "flesh-eating bacteria" off the Louisiana coast. The bacteria, clinically known as Vibrio vulnificus is a bacterium that naturally occurs in warm water. Dr. Glen Mayhall, an infectious disease doctor with UTMB said, "You're in the water, you rub up against something sharp and water gets into the wound. Then within a day or so you're going to see inflammation." Mayhall also says if you see your cut getting worse after being in the water, you should seek medical attention immediately.