Meeting theme: “150 Years of Creating the Healthiest Nation: Leading the Path Toward Equity”
Submission Deadline: April 30, 2022
Topics considered will include those covering the impact of One Health issues (such as animal-human-ecosystem interaction, zoonoses and vector-borne diseases, food safety, antimicrobial resistance, and other topics related to veterinary public health).
Additionally, topics related to novel, equity-focused approaches to One Health work are encouraged as this year’s theme is ‘Leading the Path Toward Equity.’ The program will consist of two or three 90-minute sessions of four 15-
to 20- minute oral presentations along with at least one poster session addressing the following suggested themes:
- Experiences/insights of One Health professionals working with community stakeholders to create equitable responses to health challenges
- The role of One Health in supporting sustainable resilient, and healthy food and water systems
- Occupational risks for zoonotic disease exposures (including those associated with pathogens developing antimicrobial resistance)
- One Health epidemiology and surveillance of zoonoses, vector-borne diseases, and the link to ecosystem change
- How does Veterinary Public Health Support One Health issues?
- One Health informatics and analytics: How can cross-sectoral collaboration and technological/methodological advancements help prepare and respond to emerging diseases and other public health issues?
Accepted abstracts will be grouped into appropriate sessions using the above suggestions as a guide. However, all One Health topics will be considered. Submitted abstracts may also be appropriate for planned co-sessions with other APHA sections.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION FORM
Annual Meeting Contact Information
For general inquiries and questions, email the team.