Principles of Diagnosis
Chief Complaint and History of the Present Illness
- CC: What is your skin problem?
- Onset and evolution: When and where did it start? Has it gotten better or worse?
- Symptoms: Does it bother you? Does it itch? Does it hurt? How has it changed? Are there any systemic symptoms?
- Treatment to date: How have you treated it? Have you applied anything to it?
- Don't forget to ask about past medical history, social history such as skin care, sexual history, occupation and hobbies, and family history as many skin diseases are hereditary.
More info: Systemic symptoms
More Info: Questions to ask