In November 2016, The University of Texas System Board of Regents approved the establishment of the Regents’ Outstanding Employee Award (ROEA). This award was created to recognize full-time, benefits-eligible, non-faculty employees who have shown outstanding performance, innovation, enthusiasm and dedication in their job. Equal consideration is made to employees across all job categories. Selection is based on the impact the employee has made in his or her individual job and how this impact has helped improve their institution. Faculty and students are not eligible.
Thirty awards are given out each year across the 14 UT System institutions and the UT System Administration. The winners receive a Chancellor’s challenge coin, a certificate, a $10,000 monetary award and an invitation for the awardee and a guest to attend a luncheon ceremony in Austin.
The Nomination Process
Each campus determines its nomination process and evaluation of nominees. At UTMB, the nominations and evaluations are being managed by the UTMB Employee Advisory Council.
UT System requires the following:
Each nomination must include three letters of support for the nominee.
The letters of support must be written by the following key individuals:
- A departmental peer
- A supervisor
- A non-departmental colleague
The letters of support must be formatted as follows:
- Each letter of support must not exceed three pages
- Must use 12pt, Times New Roman font, have 1” margins, and be double-spaced
- Be grammatically correct
- Be signed by the supporter
The letters of support must include reference to the employee’s contributions in at least three of the four criteria below:
- Superior performance
- Outstanding customer service
- Acts that enhance the image of the university and/or community outreach
Once the letters of support have been gathered, please complete the UTMB ROEA Nomination Form and upload the three required letters.
The deadline for nominating a UTMB employee is
February 4, 2018 at 7 p.m.
- Award nominees must have been employed by their local institution for at least the past two consecutive years.
- They must be in good standing as of their most recent performance evaluation, reflected by a score of “Meets Expectations” or higher.
- They must have clearly demonstrated high levels of performance in the criteria outlined in the Nomination Process.
- To be eligible to receive the award, selected candidates must be employed at the nominating University of Texas institution as of the date of the distribution of the awards.
UTMB nominations will be reviewed and finalized by the UTMB Employee Advisory Council, then submitted to UT System by February 16, 2018.
Upon receiving the nominations from each campus, The University of Texas System Employee Advisory Council reviews and recommends applications to a selection committee comprised of UT System Administration executive officers who are appointed by the Deputy Chancellor. The Office of the Chancellor administers the program on behalf of the UT System Board of Regents and candidates are notified of award decisions by the end of April each year.