Thank you for your interest in become a UTMB Volunteer. To ensure that we receive only the best volunteers and that we keep our patients safe, we require some items before you can volunteer. This includes:
- Completed volunteer application (links below) and consent for background check
- A background check
- Official proof of:
- Annual TB Test (UTMB offers free Tuberculosis skin test to its volunteers)
- Annual Flu vaccine or signed waiver (UTMB offers free flu vaccines to its volunteers)
- COVID-19 vaccine and one booster
- Official proof of the following vaccinations:
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) Vaccination
- Please provide official documentation (including dates and results) of two MMR vaccinations or a blood test confirming immunity. Those born before Jan 1, 1957 will be presumed immune.
- Varicella (Chickenpox) Vaccination
- Please provide official date(s) you had chickenpox. If you have not had chickenpox, provide official document (including dates and results) of two doses of varicella vaccinations or a titer confirming immunity. Those born before Jan
1, 1957 will be presumed immune.
- Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis (Tap) Vaccination Please provide official document (including dates and results) of one dose of Tdap followed by a Td every 10 years.
- Orientation with Volunteer Services and department where you are volunteering.
- Commitment to be able to volunteer at least 50 hours per year at UTMB (total time commitment; you set the timeframe).
Please scan and email proof of your immunizations to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: (409) 772-2550
TB Testing & Flu Shots provided free of charge at the Employee Health Clinic, Mon.- Fri. 7:30 am - 4:30 pm (the clinic is closed from 12 – 1 pm)
- Galveston Campus
Primary Care Pavilion, Suite 125
400 Harborside Dr.
Galveston, TX 77555
- League City Campus Hospital
2nd Floor, Room 2.514
2240 Gulf Freeway South
League City, TX 77573
* Please note that once you apply, the process can take up to a month to complete
As a valuable member of the UTMB support team, you’ll find many people thankful for your assistance, eager to help you be successful, ready to help train you, and able to assist you whenever you have a question. We want your experience to be meaningful