The Willed-Body Program (WBP) at The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston is accepting donations. Bodies donated will contribute to the advancement of medical science and to the education of students and physicians.
- For any DEATH CALLS, please call our UTMB-WBP office at (409) 772-1293 during office hours. On Nights, Weekends and Holidays, please contact (409) 772-1011.
- For any GENERAL INQUIRES or INQUIRES from SOMEONE who is PRE-WILLED to the UTMB-WBP, please call: (409) 772-1293.
UTMB's Willed Body Program website provides information on the body donation process and the essential need for willed body donations to the medical school.
- The program supports one facet of the educational mission of UTMB.
- Dissection-based anatomy education is a corner-stone of the curriculum for many of our students.
- Each year we have nearly 400 students and residents using our facilities and cadavers.
- This effort requires about 75 cadavers.
- Each of these cadavers comes to us as a generous donation from individuals and families.
- Anatomical dissection has been an essential part of anatomy coursework for years and continues to be vital even with the advent of modern technology.
- Students are able to experience first-hand not only structure, but variation and pathology.
- It forms the foundation of all the courses to follow.
- This is not possible without the use of the cadavers donated to our and other medical schools.
- This is a gift to our students that is priceless.
- As a profession we are indebted to those who make this gift.
For any questions, please call our Toll-free number: (800) 828-1402
Or you may email us with questions or comments at: firstname.lastname@example.org