UTMB Willed Body Program Memorial Service 2023April 6th, 2023 at 4:30 pm
Watch live memorial service here
The Willed-Body Program (WBP) at The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston is accepting donations. Donated bodies will contribute to the advancement of medical science and to the education of students and physicians.
- For any DEATH CALLS, please contact our UTMB-WBP office at (409) 772-1293 during office hours. On Nights, Weekends and Holidays, please contact (409) 772-1011.
- For any GENERAL INQUIRES or INQUIRES from SOMEONE who is PRE-WILLED to the UTMB-WBP, please call: (409) 772-1293.
UTMB's Willed Body Program website provides information on the body donation process and the essential need for willed body donations to the medical school.
- The program supports one facet of the educational mission of UTMB.
- Dissection-based anatomy education is a corner-stone of the curriculum for many of our students.
- Each year we have over 400 students and residents using our facilities and donated bodies.
- This effort requires the donation of about 75 bodies/year.
- Each of these bodies comes to us as a generous donation from individuals and families.
- Anatomical dissection has been an essential part of anatomy coursework for years and continues to be vital even with the advent of modern technology.
- Students are able to experience first-hand anatomical structure, variations and pathologies.
- It forms the foundation of all the courses to follow.
- This is not possible without the use of the bodies donated to our and other medical schools.
- This is a priceless gift to our students.
- This contributes to the advancement of our knowledge in medicine.
- As a profession we are indebted to those who make this gift.
For any questions, please call our Toll-free number: (409) 772-1293.
Or you may email us with questions or comments at: email@example.com