Dietrich Jehle, MD, FACEP, RDMS serves as Program Director, Professor, and Chair of the UTMB Sealy Department of Emergency Medicine at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, Texas. Dr. Jehle’s distinguished career includes numerous academic and community hospital
appointments and a 27-year run as the Buffalo Bills’ Director of Emergency Medical Services. Notably, he has led the development of emergency medicine residency programs at three different academic medical centers and is proud to lead the fourth at UTMB.
Our mission is to improve health of the people of Texas and beyond by offering innovative education and training, pursuing cutting-edge research, and providing the highest quality patient care.
UTMB EM offers a comprehensive, academically rigorous curriculum in a tertiary, academic medical center. Our program exposes residents to a broad spectrum of pathology providing them with high quality experiences in managing the breadth of conditions seen in emergency medicine. UTMB serves a large population on the upper gulf coast of Texas. In addition to UTMB Galveston, UTMB also has three additional hospitals: League City, Clear Lake and Angleton-Danbury. Our residents will rotate at all campuses allowing them a unique experience to train within an academic institution and at community emergency departments while providing patient care opportunities in urban, suburban, rural, and coastal settings
UTMB Emergency Medicine offers extraordinary opportunities not found elsewhere:
- Collaborate with UTMB Aerospace Program in conjunction with NASA and SpaceX
- Opportunities with the Polar Medicine Group and their work in the South Pole
- Train with outstanding faculty at one of the top academic medical centers in the country (Vizient top 10 in 3 out of last 5 years) with a Level 1 Trauma and Burn Center
- Utilize the latest technologies at our state-of-the-art 77 room simulation center
- Ultrasound expertise from fellowship trained faculty and one of the pioneers in bedside ultrasound/POCUS
- NIH supported Translational Research Program
We are committed to providing a dynamic residency experience with the highest caliber of Emergency Medicine physicians doing cutting edge research. I welcome inquiries about our program.
Dietrich Jehle, MD, FACEP, RDMS
Program Director, Professor & Chair
Sealy Department of Emergency Medicine, UTMB