UTMB was among 12 U.S. academic health centers to receive the 2017 Vizient Bernard A. Birnbaum, MD, Quality Leadership Award on Sept. 14. Based on the final results of our Vizient survey, UTMB now ranks ninth among 107 participating organizations and has achieved 5-star performance.
When UTMB started the Best Care initiative in 2016—which is focused on delivering the best care to every patient, every time—the institution ranked 76th out of 102 participating organizations. Over the past year-and-a-half, UTMB has made remarkable improvements in quantitative measures of quality and safety.
The new No. 9 ranking is a testament to the contributions of each and every member of our UTMB family—faculty, nurses and staff.
The complete list of academic health centers who received the prestigious award for superior quality and safety performance are
- Mayo Clinic – Rochester
- NYU Langone Health
- Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin – Froedtert Hospital
- Rush University Medical Center
- Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
- University of Utah Health
- UC Health University of Colorado Hospital
- Lehigh Valley Health Network
- University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston
- The University of Kansas Hospital
- Nebraska Medicine
- Oregon Health & Science University Hospital
For more photos from all three campus celebrations, visit UTMB’s Flickr gallery at www.flickr.com/photos/utmb.