UTMB Alerts is our institution’s method of communicating with faculty, staff and students during severe weather conditions or other emergency events that have the potential to threaten safety or impact business operations.
Employees and students are automatically enrolled in the UTMB Alerts notification system, using the basic directory information such as a UTMB email address or phone number.
But to receive UTMB Alerts notifications on a mobile device, there’s a few extra steps required. Here’s how:
- Point your web browser to the UTMB Directory (https://intranet.utmb.edu/directory/) and search for your own name.
- Once you’ve located your contact information in the Directory, click on the middle button in the blue bar titled, “Edit My Alert Info.”
- On the next screen, log in with your UTMB username and password.
- On the My Profile page, click on “Edit” in the top right-hand corner of the white box.
- Add your mobile device number in the “Mobile Phone” and “Text Message” fields.
- Click the blue “Save” bar and then exit.
UTMB officials strongly recommend entering your mobile contact information to ensure you get emergency messages quickly on a device that is (nearly) always close by.