Welcome to the latest issue of Impact.
April marks the 50th anniversary of what is now known as the UTMB Health Angleton Danbury Campus. Opened in 1969 as the Angleton Danbury General Hospital by the Angleton Danbury Hospital District, the campus has served the health needs of the surrounding area for decades. This issue highlights the history of the campus and offers a glimpse into a Day in the Life of the Auxiliary of Angleton Danbury, a volunteer organization that has been an integral part of the hospital and the campus since the beginning.
This issue also highlights the opening of our Clear Lake Campus on March 30. From day one, our newest hospital has been busy serving the health needs of the Bay Area.
Other articles in this issue cover:
- Our Health System’s first “Best Care in Action” awards, recognizing individuals throughout the institution who’ve gone above and beyond to ensure the best care for our patients;
- New UTMB research into a drug that improves muscle size and strength;
- Match Day 2019, which revealed where our graduating medical students will do their residency training;
- An important overview of how our Information Services team is transitioning UTMB from iSpace to SharePoint to modernize how we collaborate on and manage documents;
- Seasonal allergy tips from Dr. William J Calhoun; and
- Hidden talent, trivia, kudos and more.
I hope you enjoy the issue and that you know how much your efforts are appreciated every day.
Dr. David L. Callender