Welcome to the latest issue of Impact.
It’s been a busy, noteworthy fall for the UTMB community that has been ripe with celebrations and milestones.
From being named a winner of the 2019 Vizient Bernard A. Birnbaum, MD, Quality Leadership Award for the third year in a row to the formal dedication of the new Health Education Center, UTMB has proved it has much to offer as an academic medical center working to further its mission to improve the health of the people of Texas and beyond.
The Impact team continues to share stories of the people working hard every day to contribute to the successes of Texas’s oldest medical school.
The October/November 2019 issue of Impact includes the following stories and features:
- Our researchers’ efforts in understanding how a pregnant mother’s cells communicate with the cells of her fetus throughout pregnancy
- A Day in the Life of Fritz Kuebler, an emergency management professional
- The 23rd annual Hector P. Garcia Awards Ceremony and Luncheon
- UTMB Police Department hosts first-ever National Night Out event
- The hidden talent of Dr. Christopher McQuitty
- Tips for healthily enjoying pumpkin this holiday season and much more.
As always, please continue sending your story ideas, nominees for the Hidden Talents column and trivia answers to the Impact team at firstname.lastname@example.org.