While school supply shopping is in full swing, consider picking up an extra pencil, ream of paper or glue stick. The department of pediatrics at the University of Texas Medical Branch is sponsoring a school supplies drive for disadvantaged GISD students and UTMB pediatrics patients.
Items requested include spiral notebooks, No. 2 pencils, binders, backpacks, rulers, flash drives, construction paper, combination locks and highlighters.
The department will be collecting supplies through Friday, Aug. 23.
Items may be dropped off in the main lobby of John Sealy Hospital at Eighth and Market streets or in Research Building #6 (formerly the Children's Hospital) Room 3.300 on the UTMB campus. Contact Tayna Vazquez at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 409-772-5270.
Complete list of items needed:
- Crayola crayons (24 ct.)
- Large bottles hand sanitizer
- Glue sticks
- White glue (no gel glue)
- Boxes of Kleenex
- Washable markers
- Blunt edge scissors and Fiskars scissors
- Wide-ruled composition notebooks
- Single-subject spiral notebooks (wide/college rule)
- Three-subject spiral notebooks
- Pocket folders (with brads)
- Pencils (No. 2, no mechanical pencils)
- Map (colored) pencils
- Supply box
- Backpacks (no wheels)
- Ball point pens
- Binders (1", 1.5", 2") w/ pockets
- 8-tab dividers
- Pencil pouch to keep in binder
- Color markers
- Wide-rule and college-rule notebook paper
- Ziploc baggies
- Combination locks
- Hand-held pencil sharpeners
- Flash drives
- Expo dry erase markers
- Construction paper