"Island Connect" is a park and ride service for UTMB (and other) commuters connecting Galveston and the League City-Webster areas.
The fare is $4 each way, with discounts available to UTMB
employees by buying a book of tickets. A 25% fare discount is available to all riders who purchase a coupon book,
resulting in a discounted fare of $3.00 per trip.
In addition, UTMB riders (must show a UTMB ID) who purchase coupon books receive an
additional $0.75/trip discount, resulting in a total discounted fare of $2.25 per
trip. Coupon books are available in the UTMB Bookstore in Galveston, at the League City Park and Ride, and online from Connect Transit (the UTMB discount cannot be applied to online purchases).
The Park and Ride schedule is available online.
Multiple Island Connect transit buses make the 27-mile trip on the Gulf Freeway throughout the day. A one-way trip takes about an hour.
The 35-seat buses have digital TVs and Wi-Fi access.
Park and ride buses stop at the following locations:
- UTMB’s League City Campus, 2240 Gulf Freeway.
- Clear Lake Center, 20740 Gulf Freeway at NASA Parkway
- UTMB’s Multispecialty Center and Stark Diabetes Clinic at Victory Lakes Town Center, 2660 Gulf Freeway
- Texas City: Delaney and Monticello
- Galveston: Harborside Drive at at 6th, 9th, 20th and 20th streets
- Galveston: Market Street at 8th, 14th and 20th
- Galveston: 25th and Strand Streets
- Galveston: City Hall, 823 Rosenberg St.
- Galveston: Island Community Center, 47th Street and Broadway
- Galveston: 53rd Street and Broadway
Island Connect is a joint operation between UTMB and two transit services: the Gulf Coast Center’s Connect Transit and the City of Galveston’s Island Transit.
Island Transit is the public transportation provider for Galveston Island. Connect Transit is the public transportation provider for Galveston and Brazoria counties.
Learn more on the Gulf Coast Connect website...
Read about Park and Ride changes coming March 1...