Search Optimization/Marketing and Analytics
Marketing & Communications
We advise areas on strategies to improve their online visibility, manage paid online campaigns, and work with partners including Information Services to analyze web sites, understand traffic and usage patterns, and optimize pages to align with customer needs and enhance the return on our institutional investment.
- Advise on search optimization (SEO)
- Advise and consult on search and other types of paid online marketing
- Analyze and share web site usage statistics and traffic patterns
- Help manage UTMB's web site inventory
- Oversee one of two site quality and accessibility management tools
Areas Served / Scope of Work
Our SEO and SEM efforts are largely focused on initiatives identified as institutional priorities by UTMB leadership. We do advise, review sites and share strategies with broader areas of the university. For online marketing, most of our energy and dollars are dedicated to driving clinical revenue in specific types of services with demonstrated capacity and where patient preference is known to be heavily influenced by web research. The group also supports other research and outreach initiatives that fall under the scope of the Office of Marketing and Communications, and coordinates data sharing with the market research team. Our quality and traffic analysis tools are available to all areas.