To use the FAQ page, click on the desired question to go to its description. If you have a question that is not being addressed, please contact us for information or to get it added.
- What is e-Shipping Self Service?
- How do I access eShip Global?
- Do I have to use eShip Global?
- Why should I use eShip Global?
- How can I learn more about eShip Global?
- Is there a user guide for eShip Global?
- Will my shipment go through an approval process?
- I have a FedEx account. Do I have to set up accounts with the other carriers available in eShip Global?
- Will I get an invoice from the carriers I use or eShip Global?
- Currently I do a Non-PO Voucher to pay my UPS bill. Will that continue if I use eShip Global?
- How will my department be charged for shipments through eShip Global?
e-Shipping Self Service is the portal to eShip Global, a web based shipping service provider under contract with UTMB. The service is available to all UTMB departments to ship outbound letters and parcels using state contracted carriers such as DHL, FedEx and UPS.
Click on Procurement Marketplace, select e-Shipping Self Service, then logon using your UTMB user id and password, just like when you login to your email.
Use of eShip Global is voluntary
eShip Global enables you to manage your shipping needs in one place: maintain a ‘ship to’ address book, obtain side-by-side carrier rate comparisons, select best price, print shipping labels, schedule carrier pick-up, track shipments and run reports.
There is an eShip Global Overview on the e-Shipping Self Service page.
You can access the eShip Global User Guide and eShip Global Quick Steps on the e-Shipping Self Service page.
There is no on-line or electronic approval process in eShip Global, only departmental verbal approval is necessary.
No, you do not need an account with each carrier to ship through eShip Global.
No, you will not get an invoice if you ship through eShip Global.
No, you will no longer do a Non-PO Voucher to pay a carrier if you use eShip Global.
Your department will be charged on a periodic (weekly / monthly) accounting journal entry (AJE).
Contact us by phone at 409.772.8926 or 409.772.3674
M-F 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
14th Street & Strand
Materials Management Warehouse - West end