The Quality Enhancement Plan [IPE2 Practice]
A Quality Enhancement Plan is a carefully designed five-year project that addresses a focused topic to enhance student learning. It is a required component of UTMB’s accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
The topic of UTMB’s QEP is IPE2 Practice, a forward looking initiative that will graduate students prepared to excel on interprofessional teams.
Our Goals and Objectives
Goal 1: Enhance the learning environment to prepare students for work on interprofessional teams.
- Prepare faculty to innovate, model, and deliver interprofessional education.
- Infuse interprofessional education and practice into core and experiential programs.
- Create mechanisms for sharing, acknowledging, and rewarding interprofessional involvement.
Goal 2: Equip students to graduate with necessary skills for work on interprofessional teams.
- Students will be equipped to determine values and ethics that create an environment of diversity, honesty, and respect. (Values & Ethics)
- Students will understand their roles and those of other healthcare professionals on a collaborative team. (Roles & Responsibilities)
- Students will demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively on an interprofessional healthcare team. (Interprofessional Communication)
- Students will apply the principles of team and relationship-building dynamics on an interprofessional team. (Teams & Teamwork)
(Goal 2 student objectives adapted from IPEC Core Competencies: Interprofessional Education Collaborative. (2016). Core competencies for interprofessional collaborative practice: 2016 update. Washington, DC: Interprofessional Education Collaborative.)
UTMB's QEP [IPE2 Practice]
The goals and objectives have been applied to a three-phase model. The Introduction phase will include activities such as an Interprofessional Communications Course, IPE Days, and an interprofessional componenet at All-School Orientation. The Integration phase will focus on teamwork in simulations, and the Immersion phase will provide practice opportunties on interprofessional teams.
|Values & Ethics||Roles & Responsibilities||Interprofessional Communication||Teams & Teamwork|