Elective and Selective Course Policies
Adding and Dropping UTMB Courses (including C Form) Form
Electives Course Directors and Coordinators
Please be aware of the VSLO elective process found here: Click to Download
Tyler electives that will be available through the VSLO process starting AY 2024-2025:
- Occupational and Environmental Medicine — Tyler with Dr. Dalia Nessim.
- Acting Internship in General Surgery — Tyler with Dr. Hishaam Ismael.
For more information regarding these Tyler electives, please reach out to Megan Pazos at email@example.com.
Please be aware of the Non-VSLO elective process found here: Click to Download
St. Joseph electives that will need to go through the Non-VSLO process starting AY 2024-2025:
- Leadership in Medicine with Dr. John Bertini.
- Clinical Ophthalmology at St. Joseph Medican Center in Houston with Dr. Keith A. Bourgeois.
- Urology at St. Joseph Medical Center, Houston with Dr. John Bertini.
- Plastic Surgery Elective in Houston with Dr. Donald Collins, Jr.
For more information regarding these St. Joseph electives, please reach out to Frances Dawe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be aware of the rules below before submitting a Student Created Elective.
- This elective cannot be used for VSLO rotations.
- Elective has to be done off campus (Non-UTMB Campus).
- Electives must be a minimum of 2 weeks.
- Students are required to find their own mentor before submitting an elective.
- An elective will need to be submitted at least 12 weeks prior to start date. Anything submitted after 12 weeks will not be accepted.
- No student can use a family member as their mentor.
- Electives Committe Approval.
- Faculty Vetting.
- Affiliation Agreements.
- WOS appointments (COVID vaccination cards.)
- B-Form (enrollment services) — Contact Person. Check TMB website, Board Certified, Criminal Background check, etc...
- Contact Chelsea Tippit (email@example.com) for further questions.
CLICK HERE to go to the Student-Created Elective Submission-Form.