The aim of the UTMB Mass Spectrometry Facility is to assemble state-of-the-art instrumentation, highly skilled technical staff and methodology to provide experimental capabilities required to support faculty driven research programs.
The Mass Spectrometry Facility serves as the hub of the UT-System Proteomics Network and is well-equipped with a suite of LC-MS systems including the ThermoScientific Fusion Orbitrap MS, the Sciex 5600 TripleTof, 6500 Qtrap, and 5800 Maldi TofTof.
The core provides a range of services, including:
- Intact molecular weight measurement
- Protein identification from gel bands
- Protein identification from complex mixtures
- Identification of post-translational modifications
- SILAC, iTRAQ, and label-free quantification of peptides and proteins
- Small molecule quantification