Medical Staff ServicesJohn Sealy Annex Room 7.144
Hours of Operation: M-Thur 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. | Fri 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Dear Medical Staff Member:
Thank you for visiting the Medical Staff Services web site. This
department acts as a liaison between more than 800 members of the
medical staff and the UTMB Health System's associated hospitals and
It is our intent to use this site as a mechanism to communicate
with you regarding policies, procedures, and expectations; but, equally
important, we would like it to evolve to serve as a conduit for
processing your medical staff applications and requests for privileges
in the future. Additionally, this site can serve as a tool for improved
communication regarding projects and executive decisions that impact
you, our customers.
- Contact Us - each clinical department and division has a dedicated Credentialing
Specialist in this office whose primary goal is to provide you with
great customer service and help you navigate through the credentialing,
privileging, and performance evaluation processes.
- Application Documents - these documents can be printed, completed and returned to Medical
Staff Services at the time of initial appointment to the medical staff
or at reappointment which occurs every 2 years (documents can be
scanned and e-mailed, faxed, mailed, or hand delivered to this office).
- Texas Standardized Credentialing Formand accompanying instructions from the Texas Department of Insurance
- required for application and reapplication to the Medical Staff
(documents can be completed on line, saved, and then printed and
delivered to the this office).
- Medical Staff Committees - members of these committees serve to balance your interest with those of UTMB and regulatory agencies.
- iPrivileges - this system allows you to search either by practitioner name or by the name of the privilege itself.
- Medical Staff Bylaws (PDF)
Thank you for your service to UTMB. Your constructive feedback is appreciated.
Medical Staff Services