Dear Medical Staff Member:
Thank you for visiting the Medical Staff Services website. This
department acts as a liaison between more than 1,400 members of the
medical staff and the UTMB Health System's associated hospitals and
It is our intent to use this site as a mechanism to communicate
with you regarding policies, procedures, and expectations; but, equally
important, we would like it to evolve to serve as a conduit for
processing your medical staff applications and requests for privileges
in the future. Additionally, this site can serve as a tool for improved
communication regarding projects and executive decisions that impact
you, our customers.
- Contact Us - each clinical department and division has a dedicated Credentialing
Specialist in this office whose primary goal is to provide you with
great customer service and help you navigate through the credentialing,
privileging, and performance evaluation processes.
- Application Documents - these documents can be printed, completed and returned to Medical
Staff Services at the time of initial appointment to the medical staff
or at reappointment which occurs every 2 years.
- Texas Standardized Credentialing Formand accompanying instructions from the Texas Department of Insurance
- required for application and reapplication to the Medical Staff
(documents can be completed online and sent to the Med Staff Office.
- Medical Staff Committees - members of these committees serve to balance your interest with those of UTMB and regulatory agencies.
- iPrivileges - this system allows you to search either by practitioner name or by the name of the privilege itself.
- Medical Staff Bylaws (PDF)
Thank you for your service to UTMB!
- Medical Staff Application Fees:
- NEW! Applicants may pay online.
- Departments may also still use this spreadsheet when paying initial or annual medical staff dues for medical staff
members within their respective department. Completed spreadsheets
should be returned to Shelly Lewis.
Initial Appointment Fee:
$100, Non-refundable fee due at the time of initial application submission to UTMB Medical Staff Services.
$100 - For reappointments every two (2) years.
$50 - For reappointments required annually for providers aged 70+, as defined by the reappointment requirements defined within the UTMB Bylaws.