Medical Staff ServicesJohn Sealy Annex Room 7.144
Hours of Operation: M-F 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Thank you for visiting the Medical Staff Services web site. This department acts as a liaison between more than 800 members of the medical staff and the UTMB Health System's associated hospitals and clinics.
It is our intent to use this site as a mechanism to communicate with you regarding policies, procedures, and expectations; but, equally important, we would like it to evolve to serve as a conduit for processing your medical staff applications and requests for privileges in the future. Additionally, this site can serve as a tool for improved communication regarding projects and executive decisions that impact you, our customers.
Links to the following information are currently available:
- Contact Us - each clinical department and division has a dedicated Credentialing Specialist in this office whose primary goal is to provide you with great customer service and help you navigate through the credentialing, privileging, and performance evaluation processes
- Application Documents - these documents can be printed, completed and returned to Medical Staff Services at the time of initial appointment to the medical staff or at reappointment which occurs every 2 years (documents can be scanned and e-mailed, faxed, mailed, or hand delivered to this office)
- Texas Standardized Credentialing Form and accompanying instructions from the Texas Department of Insurance - required for application and reapplication to the Medical Staff (documents can be completed on line, saved, and then printed and delivered to the this office)
- Medical Staff Committees - members of these committees serve to balance your interest with those of UTMB and regulatory agencies
- iPrivileges - this system allows you to search either by practitioner name or by the name of the privilege itself
- Medical Staff Bylaws
Thank you for your service to UTMB. Your constructive feedback is appreciated.
Medical Staff Services