The Optical Microscopy core (OMC) is an important component of the Biomedical Imaging Network (BMIN)
at UTMB. The OMC operates as an institutional core facility dedicated
to provide UTMB researchers and collaborators from other institutions
with access to state of the art optical microscopy and digital imaging
resources including instrumentation and software as well as technical
and scientific support for all phases of research project development.
The Optical Microscopy Core capabilities are aimed at the visualization,
quantification, and interpretation of structural, functional and
molecular features in cells and tissues.
The OMC is equipped with a wide range of instruments and software for:
- Cellular and Histological Optical Microscopy
- Live Cell Optical Microscopy
- Live Tissue and Intravital Optical Microscopy
- Digital Image Analysis and Processing
In addition, the OMC staff is available to provide the following services:
- Training, consultation, and technical assistance to core users
- Experimental design and quantitative data analysis and interpretation.
- Development and support of joint collaborative research projects