RRCD Eligibility Requirements
The following apply to all individuals interested in the RRCD program:
- Applicants must be licensure eligible physical or occupational
therapists with an earned doctoral degree. Persons with a clinical
doctorate (e.g., DPT) must show evidence of research productivity as
reflected by a minimum of three data-based publications in indexed,
- At least one year of postdoctoral research experience is
preferred, but it can be no more than five years. This experience can
include a traditional fellowship or a research associate or faculty
position with minimum teaching and service responsibility.
- Applicants must be a US citizen, non-citizen national or permanent resident.
- Applicants may not have been a principal investigator on any major NIH research project.
- Applicants must be willing to train for at least two years at one of the consortium institutions.
- Applicants must identify a Lead Mentor (see mentor list) and be a member of an interdisciplinary research team.
RRCD Application Process
Interested individuals should submit an RRCD Application Form, along with the following:
- Statement of interest summarizing professional goals, research
training experience, and clinical/translational research interests and
- Letter from Lead Mentor confirming willingness to participate
- Current CV and evidence of professional qualifications as an occupational or physical therapist
- Two letters of reference from supervisor, mentor, and/or department chair who can verify research potential
- Copies of published work
Deadline for applications is May 1st*; anticipated start date is September 1st.
*Preferred deadline. Applications will be accepted ongoing until all positions are filled.