- Kodochrome Conference
- Dermatological Surgery Textbook Conference
- Dermatopathology Unknowns/Textbook Conference
- General Dermatology Textbook Conference
- Grand Rounds (patient unknowns or special guest speakers)
- Journal Club (JAAD, Archives of Dermatology, British Journal of Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery)
- Houston Dermatological Society (monthly, attended by all residents)
- Texas Dermatological Society (twice-annually, attended by All residents except for covering resident)
- American Academy of Dermatology (annually, attended by all residents except one rotating first and second year resident)
- Dermatology Foundation Conference
- In addition, every 3rd-year resident may attend a meeting of their choice.
Residents are required to submit abstracts and/or presentations to all meetings attended.
Latest presentations by residents/fellows:
2020 National Meetings
- All national meetings were cancelled due to the Covid-19 pandemic
2020 Fall Texas Dermatological Society Meeting, Virtual
- Hoyer P, Croley J. Wagner R. Use of Absorbable Cutaneous Sutures Amid the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Meyer W, Wagner R. Impact of Rainfall on Melanoma
- Winsett F. Thornton N, Wagner R. An Algorithmic Approach to the Management of Spitting Sutures
- Weisert E, Hoyer P, Ross L. How Racial Disparities in Dermatology are Reflected in Medical Education Materials
- Okafor O, Hoyer P, Goodwin B. A Unique Case of Neurofibromatosis Type 1
- Ugoh G, Jimenez A, Hoyer P, Ross L. A Rare Presentation of Concomitant Alopecia Areata and Vitiligo in Teenager
- Rice X, Hoyer P, Goodwin B. Acne Keloidalis Nuchae Managed by Surgical Excision with Second Intention Healing
- Poehl M, Culberston C, Phan M, Arnold M, Goodwin B. Stenotrophomonas maltophilia Cutaneous Ulceration in an Immunocompetent Patient: A Rare but Emerging Dermatologic Infection
- Hoer P, Jimenez A, Ross L. Clinical Recommendations to Address Dermatologic Healthcare Disparities in HIV-Positive Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) Patients
- Linfante A, Jimenez A, Al-Sannaa G, Kelly B. Interdigitating Dendritic Cell Sarcoma Arising on the Skin: An Exceedingly Rare Tumor with a Poor Prognosis
- Ahatov R, Hoyer P, Weisert E, Kelly B. Digital Myopericytoma: A Case Report
- Carrillo B, Hoyer P, Ross L, Wilkerson M. A Case of Linagliptin-Induced Bullous Pemphigoid
- Phan M, Wagner R. Celebrating the 100th Year Anniversary of the UTMB Department of Dermatology
- Jimenez A, Gleghorn K, Wagner R. The implementation of educational videos in Mohs micrographic surgery for improved patient comprehension: A review of literature
- Sundaresan S, Weisert E, Phan M, Goodwin B. Silicone Breast Implant Rupture and Subcutaneous Lupus Erythematous in an Adult Female
- Gleghorn K, Weisert E, Kelly B, Goodwin B. Primary Cutaneous Mucinous Eccrine Carcinoma: A Case Report and Literature Review
- Kesaria s, Munoz A, Linfante A, Ross L. Palisaded and Neutrophilic Granulomatous Dermatitis in a Child
- Hagan C, Weisert E, Movva G, Ross L, Goodwin B. A Case Report of Multicentric Reticulohistiocytosis
- Weisert E, Garcia B, Monjazeb S, Goodwin B. Metastatic Crohn’s Disease in an Incarcerated Male
- Gallaga N, Wagner K, Wilson J, Goodwin B. Subungual Cirsoid Hemangioma Presenting as Longitudinal Melanonychia: a Mimic of Subungual Melanoma
- Teran V, Weisert E, Ahatov R, Goodwin B. Telangiectasia Macularis Eruptiva Perstans Treated with KTP
- Good A, Phan M, Kelly B, Kroger K. Acrokeratoelastoidosis: a unique case report
- Francis A, Armenta A, Brankov N, Kelly B, Wilkerson M. Case of Nodular Amyloidosis in a Type II Diabetic
2019 National Meetings
- Crain C, Winsett F, Goodwin B. Eruptive Lichenoid Lesions Following Introduction of Leflunomide. Poster presented at the National Student Research Forum, Galveston, TX, April 2019
- Ryan M, Nguyen A, Hay M, Kelly, B, Raimer S. An Atypical Presentation of Juvenile Xanthogranuloma. Poster presented at the National Student Research Forum, Galveston, TX, April 2019
- Ryan M, Monjazeb S, Ross L, Kroger K. Bullous Hemorrhagic Lichen Sclerosis of the Breast. Poster presented at the National Student Research Forum, Galveston, TX, April 2019
- Croley J, Tannis R, Hammel J, Wagner R. Z-plasty for Correction of Standing Cutaneous Deformity. Poster Presented at the American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting: Washington, D.C., 2019
- Ezekor M, Wilkerson M, Croley J. Low-dose Methotrexate-Induced Acute Pneumonitis in Patient with Bullous Pemphigoid. Poster Presented at the American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting: Washington, D.C., 2019
- Gleghorn K, Wagner K, Quian Y, Totman K, Goodwin B. A case of Pediatric CD30+ Primary Cutaneous Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma. Poster Presented at the American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting: Washington, D.C., 2019
- Jimenez A, Jayson J, Anesh P, Amina EA, Wilkerson M, Herndon D, Finnerty C. Rose Bengal Dye Reduces Collagen-1, -3, -5 Expression in Post-burn Hypertrophic Scar Fibroblasts in Vitro. Presented at the American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting: Washington, D.C., 2019
- Lawrence R, Wolf K, Kaltwasser K, Kelly E, Wilson J, Goodwin B. Metastatic melignannt melanoma masquerading as an inflamed epidermal inclusion cyst. Poster Presented at the American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting: Washington, D.C., 2019
- Marion T, Monjazeb S. Goodwin B, Ross L, Gibson B. Microsphaeropsis arundinis and Phialophorea verrucosa coinfection in a liver transplant patient. Poster Presented at the American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting: Washington, D.C., 2019
- Rana A, Lawrence R, Group A. The Role of Medical Maggot Debridement Therapy on Recalcitrant, Chronic Wounds. Poster Presented at the American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting: Washington, D.C., 2
- Ryan M, De Jong A, Wagner RF. Medical School Ranking and Dermatologoy Match Results: An analysis of the 2018 Match. Poster Presented at the American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting: Washington, D.C., 2019
- Wagner K, Codrea V, Kelly B. A Case of Superficial Acral Fibromyxoma on a Toe with Prior History of Trauma and Surgery. Poster Presented at the American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting: Washington, D.C., 2019
- Weisert E, Ross L. Readability of Online Patient Education Materials Designed for Patients with Acne Vulgaris. Poster Presented at the American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting: Washington, D.C., 2019
2019 State Meetings
- Ryan M, Rana A, Goodwin B, Kelly E. Mucosal Basal Cell Carcinoma of the Lower lip. Presented at the Texas Dermatologic Society Spring meeting, 2019.
2018 National Meetings
- Ly P, Subrt A, Kelly B. A Rare Case of Multicentric Reticulohistiocytosis. Poster and Oral Presentation at the National Student Research Foundation (Oral Session A). University of Texas Medical Branch – Galveston. April, 2018
- Wolf K, Nash D, Kelly B. Previously undiagnosed Darier’s disease complicated by bilateral ecthyma Gangrenosum masquerading as a vasculopathy with retiform eschar formation. Poster presented at the American Academy of Dermatology annual meeting, 2018
2018 Fall Texas Dermatological Society Meeting, Galveston, TX
- Wagner K. Online Skin Disease Hoaxes: an Evaluation of Their Scope and Potential Impact
- Benavidez J, Nguyen A, Wilson J, Goodwin B. A Case of Spindle Cell Lipoma on the Nose.
- Benavidez J, Polouse D, Gonzalez EB. A case of an acute Gout flare presenting as Cellulitis. Poster
- Crain C, Nguyen A, Wilson J, Kelly B. “A 47-year-old Males with Bullous Leukocytoclastic Vasculitis.”
- Croley J, Hammel J, Joseph A, Wager R. Discrepancies in the Mohs Micrographic Surgery Appropriate Use Criteria.
- Ezekor M, Codrea V, Wilson J, Goodwin B. Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis in a Two-Month-Old Infant.
- Hammel J, Gleghorn K, Wagner R. The First Surgical Skill: How to Cut Suture.
- Lawrence R, Rana A, Gibson B. Lupus Profundus in a 51-year-old Female Patient: a Case Report.
- Ly P, Wolf K, Wilson J. A Case of Hepatotoxicity Associated with Vismodegib.
- Marion T, Monjazeb S, Ross L, Gibson B. Micosphaeropsis Arundinis and Chromoblastomycosis Coinfection in a Liver Transplant Patient.
- Ryan M, Woolridge K, Wilson J. Pyoderma Gangrenoxum Complicated by Cellulitis: Challenges in Diagnosis and Management.
- Sundaresan S, Armenta A, Goodwin B. Tumor Necrosis Factor Inhibitor Induced Psoriatic Alopecia.
- Wagner K, Gossett O, Gibson B. Opportunities for Summer Sun Protection Counseling in a Southeast Texas Family Practice.
- Wagner K, Wilson J. Online Skin Disease Hoaxes: an Evaluation of Their Scope and Potential Impact.
- Winsett F, Dallo C. An Impressive Case of Levamisole-Induced Vasculitis.
2018 Spring Texas Dermatological Society Meeting, Austin, TX
- Codrea V, Malone CH, Wagner RF Jr. Split ear lobe repair with piercing preservation and optimal ear lobe aesthetics (3rd Place).
- Ikpeama C, Gleghorn K, Akunna T, Ryan M. Why dermatology? A survey of factors influencing resident physician selection of a career in dermatology (2nd Place).
- Wagner KD, Croley JA, Wilson JM. SkinHoax.com: A Strategy to Reassure People Exposed to Internet Skin Disease Hoaxes
- Armenta AM, Codrea VA, Gibson BR, Goodwin BP. Sclerosing Perineurioma presenting as shiny painful papule.
- Burkholder D, Codrea V, Head E, Wagner R. Dr. Charles Wilson: A Texas Mohs surgery pioneer.
- Burkholder D, Wolf K, Wilson J. Localized Bullous Pemphigoid arising within pre-existing Plantar Dyshidrosis.
- Codrea V, Ly P, Nguyen A, Group A, Wilson J. Extensive Cutaneous Lichen Sclerosis Treated with Methotrexate Therapy.
- Croley JA, Hirshburg JM, Wagner RF Jr. The Weck Knife technique for harvesting split-thickness skin grafts.
- Ezekor M, Ross L, Wilkerson M. Concomitant Kwashiorkor and Zinc deficiency in middle-aged obese woman.
- Gleghorn K, Kaltwasser K, Wagner K, White S, Hirshburg J, Goodwin B. Basal Cell Carcinoma masquerading as Bursitis of the knee.
- LaCour M, Croley J, Wilson J. Generalized Lichen Nitidus in a middle-aged adult.
- Lawrence R, Kaltwasser K, Kelly B, Raimer S. Sclerosing lipogranuloma of the face.
- Ly P, Rana A, Wilkerson M. A case of acneiform eruption resulting from the use of a facial mask: what is to blame?
- Ly P, Subrt A, Wilkerson M. Rhabdomyolysis Attributed to Terbinafine: A Rare Occurrence that can be Mistaken for Terbinafine-Induced Hepatatoxicity.
- Marion T, Monjazeb S, Kaltwasser K, White S, Kelly E, Gibson B, Berlingeri-Ramos AC, Wilson J. Double-Negative Early Stage Mycosis Fungoides in Two Patients.
- Marion T, Wagner R. Dermatologic features in good film characters who turn evil: The transformation.
- Pekowski C, Subrt A, Wilkerson M. Lichen Striatus Presenting on Upper Extremity of Adult Male.
- Rana A, Lawrence R, Group A. The Role of Medical Maggot Debridement Therapy on Recalcitrant, Chronic Wounds.
- Ross L, LaCour M, Kelly B. Clinical implications of immunohistochemical staining in sebaceous neoplasms suggestive of Muir-Torre Syndrome.
- Ryan M, Codrea V, Alabdulrazzaq H, Toyohara J. Perineural Basal Cell Carcinoma.
- Tausend W, Hoyer P, Arnold M, Wagner K, Ross L, Wilson J. Treatment of Vitiligo with Crisaborole 2% ointment.
- Wagner K, Juarez D, Gibson B. Improving the Quality of Care for Seborrheic Keratosis by Internists.
- Woolridge KF, Dallo C, Goodwin BP. Cryofibrinogenemia manifesting as Retiform Purpura and Digital Necrosis in a middle-aged alcoholic female.