Payroll Services: Payroll Deadlines
Personnel Transactions (Hires, Terms, Transfers, Reclassifications, Pay Changes, Percent Time Change, Separations, LOA, Return from LOA)
- Biweekly - Transactions must be in People Soft Core by Thursday of pay period close. This assures that the records in Kronos are updated and employee's time can be reported on pay Monday as well as paychecks will create with the correct rate of pay
- Monthly - Transactions must be in People Soft Core by the 20th of each month. This assures that the records in Kronos are updated and employee's time can be reported on pay Monday as well as paychecks will create with the correct rate of pay
Separations for Biweekly Employees
Separations must be completed by the appropriate EAST team Thursday prior to pay week to assure accrual pay out with the final paycheck.
Employees receiving their pay by direct deposit will receive their accrual pay out by direct deposit processed with the current Pay Period. Separating employees may expect their final pay stub by US Mail to the current home address listed in the system.
If department did not meet this deadline, the regular pay for hours worked will be available to the employee on payday Friday morning as normal and the vacation pay will be paid on the next regularly scheduled payday.
Separations for Monthly Employees
Separations for monthly employees must be completed by the appropriate EAST team by the 20th of the current pay period to assure accrual pay out with the final paycheck.
Monthly employees separating may expect to receive their check including final pay for their vacation accruals on the first working day of the month. Employees receiving their pay by direct deposit will receive their accrual pay out by direct deposit processed with the current Pay Period. Separating employees may expect their final pay stub by US Mail to the current home address listed in the system.
If department did not meet this deadline, the regular pay the will be available to the employee on payday Friday morning as normal and the vacation pay will be paid on the next regularly scheduled payday. Late separations of Monthly employees will cause the employee to be overpaid and this overpayment must be returned to the University.
Should you miss the monthly deadline, please contact your EAST team immediately.
Biweekly Time and Attendance Schedule
Friday of pay period close:
- Employees verify My Time Detail
- Managers and Time-Keepers enter all corrections into Kronos
Monday of pay week:
- Kronos is reviewed and signed off by 1:00pm
- Payroll Verification Reports must be reviewed and changes called in to Payroll
Tuesday of pay week:
- All changes required to pay must be called in to Payroll by 9:00am
- Managers should run final payroll verifications after payroll completes
Wednesday of pay week:
- Payroll direct deposits are transmitted to banks
- Payroll checks are printed and mailed to employees address in the system
- Employees may review pay check in Self Service and report any errors to Timekeeper for corrections for next pay period
Friday Biweekly payday:
- Direct deposit posted by banks and paychecks should arrive via mail
If you have an error on your paycheck, please contact your department manager.
Time Card Corrections for Biweekly Employees
- Corrections to time reported in a previous pay period must be completed no later than Tuesday of pay-period-close ( Tuesday before pay week) in order to be included with the current period pay
- Corrections to time reported in the current pay period must be completed before sign off on Pay Monday at 1:00pm
Corrections received later than the above deadlines will not be processed until the next scheduled payday.
Lost or Stolen Checks
When Payroll Services is notified that a check has been lost, stolen, destroyed, or not received, an employee may initiate a stop payment request 3 business days (excluding Saturday and Sunday) after the effective date of the original check (for example, the stop payment process cannot be initiated for a Friday bi-weekly paycheck until Wednesday of the following week). A Stop Payment Form is completed by the employee and delivered to Payroll Services. The form contains information such as: original check number, amount of check, check date, and employee name and number. Employee may obtain this information by looking at their online stub in HCM Self Service.
Once the bank has communicated to Payroll Services that the original check has not been cashed, Payroll Services will instruct the bank to place a stop payment order on the original check and a new check will be issued. The stop payment and check re-issuance process may take up to four business days. Re-issued checks must be picked-up from the UTMB Bursar's Office or appropriate Regional Human Resources Office at which time the employee's mailing address will be verified and updated in the system, if necessary.
If the bank's records indicate that the original check has been cashed, the employee will be notified. If the employee disputes the endorsement of the check, the employee will need to work with Payroll Services and the bank to determine if fraudulent activity has occurred prior to a new check being issued.