What is A2i?
A2i is a career readiness training program for graduate students and postdoctoral fellows developed by the NC State University Graduate School (go.ncsu.edu/a2i). The program is designed to help participants prepare to enter the workforce and achieve career
With A2i, graduate students and postdoctoral fellows can explore employment opportunities in industry, government, and non-profits within Texas and throughout the United States and the world. Importantly, participants can develop the business, leadership,
and communication skills that most companies and agencies seek.
A2i Training Modules
To fill the gaps between traditional academic training and employment readiness, A2i offers five training modules. Although participation in each module is not required, we recommend starting the Job Search Strategies and finishing with Immersion prior
to finishing your research training at UTMB.
Working with partner organizations graduate students and postdoctoral fellows can gain increased awareness of careers outside of academia and develop key competencies highly valued by employers. The program offers:
- Multidisciplinary team projects completed in collaboration with partnering companies
- Leadership presentations from renowned professionals
- Company site visits and company fairs
- Networking sessions
- Workshops on resume design, career exploration, LinkedIn, writing cover letters, interviewing, networking, and negotiating
- Career and Human Resource panels
Have questions? Contact Drs. Sara Dann Grice email@example.com or Tracy Toliver firstname.lastname@example.org