Ready for the Certificate?

The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs facilitates the distribution of Certificates earned within all postdoctoral programs. A new procedure gives the postdoctoral scientist control over when a Certificate is issued.

Beginning this term, it is now the responsibility of each postdoctoral scientist to request the Certificate he or she has earned, and to ensure all required courses have been completed satisfactorily. Step-by-step instructions for making that request are detailed below.

  1. Verify you have completed all the required courses for your certificate. Check Postdoctoral Certificates Requirements to view the table of GSBS Postdoctoral Certificates and the requirements for each.
  2. Email a a copy of your unofficial transcript using MyStar ( After signing in, click on "Student Center" then the "Other Academics" dropdown menu and select "Unofficial Transcript." Finally select "View Report", save it to your Onedrive and email a PDF document to Staci Gabrich in the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs.
  3. Review and confirm your preferred name/spelling for your Certificate on MyStar.
  4. Now that you have finished your Certificate track, you may select a new track by completing the request for certificate track change form at Request For Change of Certificate (PDF) and submit it, the Office of Post Doctoral Affairs ( If you do not wish to continue within the Postdoctoral Certificate Program and wish to forfeit your student status and benefits, you may submit a withdrawal form to the Office of Post Doctoral Affairs.

Your submission will be reviewed and if approved, your Certificate will be requested from Enrollment Services. You should receive your certificate within 6-8 weeks from the request date. Please note should you need a letter confirming your certificate earned for a future employer, please let Staci Gabrich ( know in advance.

If you have any questions regarding this new procedure for obtaining postdoctoral certificates, please contact Staci Gabrich ( 4.429G Levin Hall or call (409) 722-2666.