The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs facilitates the distribution of Certificates earned within all postdoctoral programs. A new procedure gives the postdoctoral scientist control over when a Certificate is issued.
Beginning this term, it is now the responsibility of each postdoctoral scientist to request the Certificate he or she has earned, and to ensure all required courses have been completed satisfactorily. Step-by-step instructions for making
that request are detailed below.
- Verify you have completed all the required courses for your certificate. Check Postdoctoral Certificates Requirements to view the table of GSBS Postdoctoral Certificates and the requirements for each.
- Print out a copy of your unofficial transcript using MyStar (https://mystar.utmb.edu). After signing in, click on "Student Center" then the "Other Academics" dropdown menu and select "Unofficial Transcript." Finally select "View Report" and print.
- Complete the Postdoctoral Certificate Information Form to provide current personal data to the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, and the preferred distribution method for your certificate.
- Review and confirm your preferred name/spelling for your Certificate on MyStar.
- Now that you have finished your Certificate track, select a new track (Remaining in the certificate program is a condition of your continued postdoctoral appointment) by completing the request for certificate track change form at
Request For Change of Certificate (PDF) and submit it, the Office of Post Doctoral Affairs is now be located in Rm 4.429G in Levin Hall..
Your submission will be reviewed and if approved, your Certificate will be requested from Enrollment Services. It should be available within 30 days or so from the end of the current term.
If you have any questions regarding this new procedure for obtaining postdoctoral certificates, please contact Staci Gabrich (email@example.com) 4.429G Levin Hall.
Or call (409) 722-2665