UTMB Health leaders in education, research, patient care and institutional support areas have been regularly monitoring developments with the novel coronavirus and the disease it causes, COVID-19.
To help increase communication about the virus to UTMB faculty, staff and students, President ad interim Dr. Ben G. Raimer hosted a special Town Hall on Friday, March 6. The meeting provided an update on what we know about the new virus, how our world-class infectious disease scientists are studying it, and how UTMB plans to respond if and when our region is affected.
The meeting featured a panel discussion and time for audience questions. Panelists included:
- Dr. Jim LeDuc, Director, Galveston National Laboratory
- Dr. Janek Patel, Director, Infection Control and Healthcare Epidemiology
- Dr. Phil Keiser, Galveston County Local Health Authority and Professor, Internal Medicine
- Dr. Gulshan Sharma, Vice President, Chief Medical & Clinical Innovation Officer
- Dr. Charles Mouton, Executive Vice President, Provost and Dean, School of Medicine
- Human Resources leadership
- Dr. Susan McLellan, Medical Director, Biocontainment Patient Care Unit
March 6 Town Hall: UTMB Health update on coronavirus