The Office of Research Integrity and Regulatory Affairs (RIRA) supports the research community at the University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB). Our goal is to partner with the UTMB community as we develop research regulatory strategies that support researchers
as they navigate the sophisticated regulatory pathways that accompany the most fundamental research studies all the way through to very complex clinical trials.
To achieve these goals, RIRA:
- assists with research regulatory compliance and resources
- provides ClinicalTrials.gov training, guidance, registration and maintenance
- helps researchers with IND/IDE, Submissions, and required reporting
- offers resources associated with the submission of eIND
- monitors IRB-approved research protocols
- facilitates the preparation of DMPs (Data Management Plans) and DSMPs (Data Safety and Monitoring Plans)
- supports training and education in the Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR)
RIRA seeks to support and promote the sharing of knowledge, the creation of tools to ease administrative burden on researchers, and education that encourages the successful completion of research projects. The support of research fosters an environment
where the dissemination of cutting-edge discoveries happens and excites others to engage in the research enterprise at UTMB.