Central Receiving: Inventory Tagging Controlled and Capital Assets
All capital or controlled assets delivered to the Central Receiving dock will be tagged by a Central Receiving employee.
Not all assets received at our dock can be tagged by our Central Receiving staff, typical exceptions include:
- Equipment that is packaged in a manner that results in Central Receiving personnel being unable to access the equipment (e.g., merchandise in wooden crates, merchandise sealed in bolted cartons, etc).
- Capital equipment set up as a lot purchase.
- Equipment sent as part of a system (Central Receiving personnel would not know what item to tag).
- Special request by department / vendor / sales representative, not to open or disturb packing. Merchandise will be delivered without package being opened.
- Once equipment is delivered and set up, the department must notify Finance as soon as possible.
Controlled assets are property classes that the State Comptroller requires to be reported to the State Property Accounting System each fiscal year. These assets have an acquisition cost of $500 to $4,999.99 with one exception. Hand guns, rifles and shotguns are controlled regardless of the acquisition cost.
- Controlled assets include:
- Hand Guns
- Rifles, Shotguns
- Stereo Equipment
- VCR Player
- Laserdisc, DVD
- Computers-Desktop PC
- Projectors - Data
- PDA-Palm Pilots,etc.
Capital assets are property classes that the State Comptroller requires to be reported to the State Property Accounting System each fiscal year. These assets have an acquisition cost of $5,000 and greater. Depreciation associated with capital assets is recorded in to the General Ledger. These assets are also reported on the Annual Financial Report.
Equipment that is delivered directly to the department will need to be secured by department personnel, and a department representative must contact Finance - Plant, Property and Equipment within three days of receipt.
If a controlled or capital asset item is delivered by our Delivery team without an inventory tag please call Central Receiving at ext. 25340.
If a controlled or capital asset item is direct received by your department please call Asset Management at ext. 77282.
Contact us by phone 409.772.0454
Problem Resolution Desk
M-F 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
14th Street & Strand
Materials Management Warehouse West End