Community Activities and Partnerships
Texas AHEC East - DFW Region works to expand access to healthcare and increase healthcare knowledge throughout the community in a variety of ways, including activities and partnerships with local providers and organizations. Some of our recent partnerships include the DFW-CHW Association, Ventanilla de Salud, Tarrant County Public Health, and Foremost Family Health Centers, among others.
Community Health Worker Certification Classes and Continuing
The Promotor(a) or
Community Health Worker Training and Certification Program provides leadership
to enhance the development and implementation of statewide training and
certification standards and administrative rules for the Promotor(a) or
Community Health Worker (CHW) Training and Certification Program. Texas AHEC East
- DFW Region is a state-certified training site and provides both CHW
certification classes and regular CHW continuing education opportunities.
- The DFW metroplex has over 7 million people, with over 4.5 million of those in Dallas and Tarrant Counties
- Dallas itself is the third-largest city in Texas and the ninth-largest city in the US
- DFW has a number of universities, including three branches of the University of Texas system (Arlington, Dallas, and Southwestern), TCU, SMU, and a number of others
- The Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport is the second-largest in the nation and the sixth-largest in the world
- Two of the five largest employers are in the health care industry (Texas Health Resources, Baylor Health Care System)