CHPPRR Scholarship & Funding
The Center for Health Promotion, Performance, and Rehabilitation Research (CHPPRR) plays an important role in facilitating scholarship and grant funding of faculty.
Researchers in health promotion, performance, and rehabilitation research are provided seed grants and start-up funds that result in federal projects to support the UTMB research mission.
Faculty researchers have access to resources and services of the Center to assist with grant writing and proposal development. They also have the opportunity to establish strong collaborations and to participate in innovative research projects.
Selected Active Awards of Faculty
- Lyons, E. R01AG064092 09/2019 - 05/2024
- Title: A social media game to increase physical activity among older adult women
- Morrow, M. R01 HD84423 09/2021 - 06/2026
- Title: Natural History of Shoulder Pathology in Wheelchair Users
- Pappadis, M. R61AG078519 9/2022 - 8/2024
- Title: Developing, Implementing, and Evaluating a Caregiver and Elder Abuse Screening, Risk Assessment and Treatment to Improve Outcomes for Older and Vulnerable Adults with MCI/ADRD