Call for Pilot Project Proposals Full-Proposal Deadline: November 11, 2022
The UTMB Center for Health Promotion, Performance, and Rehabilitation Research (CHPPRR, pronounced ‘Chipper’, formerly CeRPAN) encourages UTMB investigators to submit pilot research proposals related to persons with disability, health
inequities, and chronic disease across the lifespan including their families, caregivers, or communities. Proposals from comparative effectiveness and clinical trials, patient-centered outcomes, qualitative studies, population health, and any
other area of translational research are welcome.
High-priority areas of research include but are not limited to:
- Evaluating the impact of disparities on function, activity, and participation across the lifespan
- Examining rehabilitation outcomes, clinical characteristics, and risk factors of health and disability-related outcomes using large national databases or population-based surveys
- Examining functional independence and health outcomes in both clinical and community settings among individuals with disabilities and/or chronic disease who are participating in exercise programs or rehabilitation interventions
The purpose of this pilot funding is to support early career researchers including faculty members and post-doctoral fellows in obtaining training and preliminary data for publication and external funding. Pilot awardees will have access to research
resources, such as research space and equipment and mentoring from leadership, provided by CHPPRR.
Projects will be funded for 10-12 months, start date in late Fall 2022. Total costs are not to exceed $25,000. If applicable, approval by UTMB's Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) or Institutional Review Board (IRB) is required before
funds are released. Applications will be solicited once a year.
A Full Proposal is due November 11th and must include:
- Cover letter stating the goals of the study, how the study aligns with the CHPPRR research priorities, and how this funding will support your growth as a researcher at UTMB.
- One (1) page specific aims page in NIH format
- Three (3) page proposal in NIH Research Strategy format including Significance (1/2 page), Innovation (1/2 page), and Approach (2 pages)
- NIH biosketch for PI and all key personnel including a faculty mentor
- Detailed Budget & Budget Justification
All application materials should be placed in a single PDF document and emailed to email@example.com.
Questions should be sent to CHPPRR Center Directors: Carole Tucker, PT, PhD, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or Melissa (Missy) Morrow, PhD, e-mail: email@example.com