The Michigan Medicine Office for Health Equity and Inclusion (OHEI) is pleased to announce the inaugural Michigan Medicine First Look Leadership Weekend - Becoming a change agent for health equity. This new OHEI initiative is for M4 students, from throughout the United States, with leadership potential to help advance diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We are excited that our keynote speaker is Camara P. Jones, MD, MPH, PhD.
Goals and Objectives
- Students will develop leadership skills to become change agent for healthcare equity and explore ways to positively lead and influence healthcare inequities.
- Students will learn how to define and understand health disparities and healthcare disparities.
- Students will learn to address the social determinants of health in healthcare delivery, and explore how cultural humility, as a life-long skill development, leads to the delivery of equitable care.
- Students will explore how institutional racism is a driver of healthcare disparities and learn how to lead organizational transformation around health equity and inclusion.
- As part of their leadership journey, students will become aware of the intersection of inclusion and wellness through a dialogue on resilience.
The Office of Health Equity and Inclusion at the University of Michigan will cover room, board and meals for participants. Additionally, there is a stipend up to $400 for travel.
Deadline to apply: June 15, 2019, 5 PM (Eastern Standard Time)
Selected participants notified June 30, 2019
For additional information contact Dr. Marcia Perry at firstname.lastname@example.org