Pre-Degree, 06/1984 University of Calicut, Kerala, India Biological sciences
BSc 06/1988 University of Kerala, India Medical Laboratory Science
MS 03/1993 Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio Microbiology & Reproductive Immunology
PhD 06/2007 University of Aarhus, Aarhus, Denmark Perinatal Genetic Epidemiology
1. Fetal tissue senescence and senescence associated cellular transitions in reproductive tissues
2. Extracellular vesicle mediated signaling between feto-maternal tissues
3. Development of organ-on-chip technology for intrauterine tissues
4. Engineering and testing of extracellular vesicles as drug delivery vehicles
5. Use of organ-on-chip in preclinical drug trials
6. Development and testing of extracellular vesicle based drugs for reduction of preterm birth
1. Richardson L, Kim S, Menon R, Han A. Organ-On-Chip Technology: The Future of Feto-Maternal Interface Research?Front Physiol. 2020 Jun 30;11:715.
2. Richardson LS, Taylor RN, Menon R. Reversible EMT and MET mediate amnion remodeling during pregnancy and labor. Sci Signal. 2020 Feb 11;13(618): eaay1486.
3. Menon R, Moore JJ. Fetal Membranes, Not a Mere Appendage of the Placenta, but a Critical Part of the Fetal-Maternal Interface Controlling Parturition. Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am. 2020 Mar;47(1):147-162.
4. Menon R, Debnath C, Lai A, Guanzon D, Bhatnagar S, Kshetrapal P, Sheller-Miller S, Salomon C. Protein Profile Changes in Circulating Placental Extracellular Vesicles in Term and Preterm Births: A Longitudinal Study. Endocrinology. 2020 Apr 1;161(4).
5. Menon R, Taylor BD. Exploring Inflammatory Mediators in Fetal and Maternal Compartments During Human Parturition. Obstet Gynecol. 2019 Oct;134(4):765-773.
6. Lavu N, Richardson L, Radnaa E, Kechichian T, Urrabaz-Garza R, Sheller-Miller S, Bonney E, Menon R. Oxidative stress-induced downregulation of glycogen synthase kinase 3 beta in fetal membranes promotes cellular senescence. Biol Reprod. 2019 Nov 21;101(5):1018-1030
7. Sheller-Miller S, Choi K, Choi C, Menon R. Cyclic-recombinase-reporter mouse model to determine exosome communication and function during pregnancy. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2019 Nov;221(5):502.e1-502.e12.
8. Sheller-Miller S, Trivedi J, Yellon SM, Menon R. Exosomes Cause Preterm Birth in Mice: Evidence for Paracrine Signaling in Pregnancy. Sci Rep. 2019 Jan 24;9(1):608.
9. Menon R, Debnath C, Lai A, Guanzon D, Bhatnagar S, Kshetrapal PK, Sheller-Miller S, Salomon C; Garbhini Study Team. Circulating Exosomal miRNA Profile During Term and Preterm Birth Pregnancies: A Longitudinal Study.Endocrinology. 2019 Feb 1;160(2):249-275.
10. Hadley EE, Sheller-Miller S, Saade G, Salomon C, Mesiano S, Taylor RN, Taylor BD, Menon R. Amnion epithelial cell-derived exosomes induce inflammatory changes in uterine cells. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2018 Nov;219(5):478.