The Office of Research Regulations and Compliance is a new office created for the purpose of ensuring regulatory compliance while supporting the UTMB research enterprise. The office is comprised of the following areas: Institutional Animal Care and
Usage Committee, Institutional Review Board, Research Integrity and Regulatory Affairs, Biosafety, Scientific Integrity, and the Office of Regulated Non-Clinical Sciences. These teams work with researchers to help them navigate the various regulatory
requirements whether they be federal, state or sponsor driven. We ensure that research is carried out at the highest levels by providing reviews, approvals, guidance, training, and assistance.
As we further develop this new site, we will be adding training and meeting schedules. As always, your feedback and suggestions are welcomed!
Sharon Comvalius-Goddard, EdD, MPH
AVP of Research Regulations and Compliance
To provide guidance and leadership in regulatory and compliance matters in support of the growing UTMB research enterprise.
This vision will be accomplished by
- Integrating services across UTMB
- Coordinating activities across research support offices
- Streamlining compliance requirements to reduce faculty administrative burden
- Providing training and support of all research (basic, clinical, translational)
- Ensuring research at UTMB is conducted in an ethical, compliant, and compassionate manner
- Effectively manage risks while developing and promoting research