The Future of Aging Research is NOW!
Thursdays, February 18 through April 8, 2021
10 AM – Noon. FREE!
Sign up for this learning opportunity from the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute by calling 409.763.5604
Be the first to know about emerging research being conducted by UTMB’s Sealy Center on Aging (SCOA) and some of the multidisciplinary investigations which SCOA directs. Meet the world-class researchers who are leading nationally funded studies exploring physical activity for older women, muscle aging, COVID-19 recovery, Parkinson’s Disease and more. Discover the significance of current research projects including: D-CARE, MoTrPAC, STEP-HI, BRASS and SPARX3. Gain first-hand information about the unique characteristics of various types of studies, the impact that cutting edge research can make on our aging society and how research findings evolve into new standards of care. Register for this exciting FREE course and discover how you can be a vital part of the revolutionary aging research that is happening in your own back yard!
- Feb. 18: Elena Volpi, MD, PhD SCOA Overview/ OAIC Theme
- Feb. 25: Rafael Samper-Ternent, MD, PhD Integrating Caregivers into the Dementia Care Team
- March 4: Meredith Masel, PhD, MSW Taking the Message & Medicine Home: Innovative Ways to remember and share
the details of your doctor visits (no computer required)
- March 11: Liz Lyons, PhD, MPH Physical activity motivation and older women
- March 18: Rachel Deer, PhD Post-COVID recovery
- March 25: Summer Chapman, RN, MSN MoTrPAC
- April 1: Melissa Lockhart, PhD, GNP Healthy Aging & Medicare Approved Services for Annual Screens & diagnosis
- April 8: Rae Kretzmer, MS, RDN STEPHI/ nutrition/exercise and aging