The following elements need to be included on any official page hosted or managed by UTMB Health or any of its entities:
Web sites and applications are required to use one of the institutional web templates. The templates offer ‘turnkey’ compliance for a number of important web requirements:
- the university branding (UTMB logo, colors and style);
- responsive and mobile first design, including issues affecting user interface and experience considerations*;
- consistent design elements including navigation;
- the name and contact information for a site owner;
- copyright designation and required links to the home page, privacy and other policies.
Templates are built into the university’s content management system (CMS). The templates are also available in multiple formats for use outside the CMS.
Exceptions to the use of the templates will be considered only with an exceptionally strong business case; requests for an exemption should be shared with the Internet Technology Committee (ITC) to be vetted by university leadership.
In addition to the use of the templates, UTMB’s pages are required to use basic descriptive meta tags, page titles, descriptions and alt tags to aid with search and accessibility.
It’s required that the university’s web sites and those that build/manage them be registered in UTMB’s Site Inventory. Scheduled site review for every page is required at least annually.
To access the web templates, learn more about the content management system, or get additional details on these requirements, visit the UTMB Web Developer Resources site.
* Sites using newer, but non-responsive, templates should be phased in to the new mobile-friendly templates during 2016 if possible.