- To qualify for services, participants must provide written clearance from a physician to partake in regular physical activity,
and sign a waiver releasing UTMB, its staff, and the Alumni Field House of any liability connected with the fitness program.
The phone number to the Retiree's Association/Senior Services is (409) 763-5615. The contact person is Judith Price.
- A consult with an Exercise Physiologist for an orientation session regarding use of equipment and development of an exercise
plan is strongly suggested prior to individual use of the Alumni Field House. Appointments can be made by calling Julie Dial at
(409) 747-0419. Please allow 7 to 10 days for appointments. Group and individual follow-up sessions will be scheduled as needed.
- Participants will have access to the Alumni Field House at all operating hours.
- Retiree rates are the same as the employee rates.
- Free parking is available with a Field House Permit. The permit and a map of the available parking spaces are available at the Field house.
The Permit must be displayed on your vehicle dashboard.
Volunteers will be eligible to join the Field House once they have met the requirements of the Volunteer Services Department and have completed
six weeks of active volunteer work. When these requirements are met, the volunteer may apply for membership to the Field House, available at
the same rate as for employees. The Field House will verify the status of the volunteer and will receive activity reports from Volunteer Services.
Remember, a volunteer must contribute monthly hours in order to remain in an active status and to maintain their Field House membership. Please call
the Field House directly at (409) 772-1304 for membership information. Mary Moody is the contact person with volunteer services, and she can be reached at 409-772-2549.