Student Help

UTMB Student Mental Health Crisis Line

Professionals Available 24/7/365

Depressed, Anxious, Suicidal?
Let Us Help!

(409) 747-HELP (4357)


Lee Hage Jamail
Student Center, 3rd Floor

301 University Blvd.
Galveston, Texas
View map.

Phone: (409) 747-9508
Fax: (409) 747-9330
Hours: Mon-Friday, 8am - 5 pm

Reporting Unprofessional Behavior and Mistreatment

What to do if you see or experience unprofessional behavior?

Follow the instructions outlined in your course syllabus for reporting such concerns and complaints. If directions for reporting unprofessional behavior are not outlined in your course syllabus, you are encouraged to contact your course coordinator or departmental program advisor.

Additional student resources are available to help you:

Ombudsman services are available to help you with academic and non-academic concerns, questions and complaints (e.g., fee payment, housing, financial aid, grades, professors, parking and other university-related issues). An ombudsman is a neutral third party, and confidentiality is ensured. The Student Ombudsman Office is located in Suite 2.110, Lee Hage Jamail Student Center, (409) 747-4820. Visit for more details.

Additional details on student non-academic grievance procedures can be found in the UTMB Handbook of Operating Procedures.

Note: Discrimination, sexual harassment and sexual assault are crimes that should be brought to the attention of your school's Student Affairs Dean and the Human Resources - Employee Relations. You are also encouraged to notify Campus Police at ext. 21111. Call 911 in the event of an emergency.

Nearest ER:
UTMB Emergency Room, 901 Harborside Drive, Galveston, TX 77555
(409) 772-1191

Sliding Fee Scale Mental Health Services

  • Gulf Coast Center (MNMA), 123 Rosenberg Ste #4, Galveston, TX 77550  

          (409) 763-2373 or (281)-488-2839

  • Family Service Association,  (409) 762-8636
  • UTMB Department of Psychiatry, (409) 772-0770

Women's Resource and Crisis Center
A resource for individuals (women and men) who are seeking refuge from abusive relationships, or who have been the victim of abuse or violence. Temporary shelter available. 24-hour crisis hotline. Galveston/Bolivar (409) 765-SAFE, mainland Galveston County (888) 919-SAFE. WRCC welcomes donations of clothing and household good for their thrift stores, which help support their services, they welcome volunteer help as well, call their administrative office at (409) 763-1441 for information.

Student Mental Health
A guide to Identifying Disorders and Promoting Wellness

Financial Advising
UTMB Enrollment Services
(Financial Aid): always the first place to start. Located in Jamail Student Center. Visit their website at or call (409) 772-1215 for information.