Located on the UTMB Health Galveston Campus in the second-level main lobby of Jennie Sealy Hospital, the David L. Callender, MD & Tonya R. Callender, FNP Health Resource Center is a calm, welcoming space where patients, guests and primary caregivers are invited to:
- Access information about specific health conditions and treatment options.
- Acquire tools to promote effective communication with the patient care team.
- Learn how to participate in decision making about the patient's care plan.
- Learn about how to promote patient safety.
- Learn about helpful hospital resources such as:
- Chaplain services
- Services for patients with special needs
- Language and translation services
- Social services
- Patient relations
- Community resources
- Support groups
- Obtain Notary services
With this information, patients and their loved ones have the information they need to work more closely with the care team to help make the healthcare decisions that best
align with their values, preferences and lifestyle.
At UTMB Health, our patients and their
loved ones are at the center of everything we do. When patients and
their loved ones and patient care teams work together, patients heal
better and faster—and they stay well!
Please let us help you locate these resources: