Welcome to UTMB Health
The following information is available to assist new employees with their transition to UTMB.
New Employee Orientation
New Employee Orientation provides a broad introduction to UTMB's history, mission, services and resources, and it is an institutional requirement for all new hires. Registration for orientation is handled through the HR Onboarding team.
UTMB User Name and Password
A user name and password is needed to access Outlook and other UTMB applications. To obtain your UTMB user name and temporary password, please call the UTMB Service Desk at:
- From Galveston Area: (409) 772-5200
- From 281 Area Code: (281) 554-1577
- From All Other Areas: (888) 898-2401
A user name and password is needed to access Outlook and other UTMB applications.
UTMB IS Service Desk
The UTMB IS Service Desk is the centralized point of contact for first-level technical and application support to our hospitals and clinics, academic and research enterprise and institutional support areas. Services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Employee Self Service
Employees may access Employee Self Service at any time to:
- Sign up for direct deposit; paychecks may be deposited in to four different bank accounts, and funds are credited to each account on the actual pay date.
- Review W-4 income tax withholding; new employees are automatically set up with a W-4 single status designation and zero allowances per IRS standards. Changes to your W-4 income tax withholding must be completed within your first two weeks of employment to take effect on your first paycheck.
- Update personal information, including phone number, mailing address, emergency contacts, disability status, veteran status and public disclosure information.
- Enter your contact information for the online UTMB Directory.
Emergency Contact Information
The UTMB Police Department is fully committed to the safety and security of our campus communities and offers a variety of safety preparedness and crime prevention resources, tools and trainings. In an emergency, call: 911. For a non-emergency, call: (409) 772-2691.
Employees are accountable for capturing and managing their time in the Kronos Workforce Central system. The following policies are also available to help ensure all hours are accurately recorded and compensated.
UTMB Policies and Procedures
The Institutional Handbook of Operating Procedures (IHOP) contains official policies and procedures for the governance of UTMB and provides its guiding principles. Employees are encouraged to review the policies pertaining to their operating area and scope of work and to reach out to their supervisor about department specific policies.
UTMB Alerts is the institution's emergency notification system. In an emergency, UTMB will use several information delivery methods to reach employees.
Click here for details on how to add or update your UTMB and non-UTMB contact information.
UTMB Maps and Directions
For interactive maps and directions to UTMB's campuses and clinic click here.