UTMB Professionalism Workshop 2019
The UTMB Professionalism Committee is hosting a UTMB Professionalism Workshop 2019. The workshop will be open to everyone and will take place from 11:30am – 1:00pm, on Wednesday, October 23, 2019 in Room 3.222 Health Education Center.
The workshop employs many of the principles used by Vanderbilt's Center for Patient and Professional Advocacy. Members of the UTMB Professionalism Committee will facilitate the workshop. Due to limited seating, registration is encouraged.
Please use the following link to register: https://utmb.us/3kd
Participants will be able to:
- Describe the consequences of failing to address poor behavior in the workplace.
- Recognize the purpose and intended outcome of a professionalism conversation.
- Apply recommended techniques to stay focused on the message and respond to push-back behavior.
- Identify opportunities to engage in “What triggers you?” conversations to encourage personal insight and self-improvement.
- Understand when to escalate from an informal conversation to progressive disciplinary action.