Thank you for considering UTMB as a choice in your career path. Rehabilitation Services prides itself on maintaining
a team of individuals considered much more than just staff, but family.
UTMB Employment Benefits Include:
- Competitive Salary
- Availability of State-premium-sharing on major medical and dental insurance; life, long-term disability, and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Teacher Retirement System
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – PTO provides employees with a bank of hours that may be used for vacation, short-term illness/injury and other personal situations that require time away from work. Employees will accrue PTO hours monthly,
starting at a rate of 14 hours, based on their total years of state service and employment status. PTO hours are credited on the first calendar of the month and are available for immediate use.
- Extended Illness Bank (EIB) – EIB provides income protection for an employee’s own illness/injury or an immediate family member’s illness/injury that lasts longer than 16 hours. Employees accrue up to 40 hours of EIB annually based
on their employment status and date of hire. EIB hours are credited in a lump sum and are available for immediate use.
- Holidays – UTMB recognizes 10 paid holidays a year.
- Career ladder
- Eligible for In-State tuition reimbursement for professional education after six months of employment
- Longevity pay after two years of state employment
HR Paid Time Off Program
Departmental Benefits Include:
- Mentoring from senior staff members for new therapist wanting to develop new areas of expertise
- Flexible scheduling available to fit therapists or departmental needs
- Educational activities from rounds, lectures, grand rounds available on campus and frequent departmental in-services